An excellent basic course. This course suggests fundamental elements that form an effective safety program. Each element is presented with ideas for successful implementation. Through examples and case studies, a framework for an effective program is built. Sample forms are included. For qualification as a candidate for the Safety Management Certificate, successful completion of an examination at the end of the program is required.
- The moral, financial and legal responsibilities of today’s safety professional
- Effective, proven program elements
- Implementation strategies for each element
- Suggestions on how to establish accountability for safety efforts
- Sample policy statements and performance standards to assist the management team in carrying out its safety responsibilities
- Hints on how to “sell” safety to various operating functions
- Strategies to control workers’ compensation costs